Monday, June 9, 2008

The Buzzing Tree (as promised)


Here is a picture of our flowering crab tree. It is so beautiful and hasn't completely bloomed yet. I love this tree! I wish the blossoms would stay all summer, but alas, they only stay for about a week and then the wind blows them off. When that happens, we have pink "snow". I call it the buzzing tree because with all the bees in it, it literally buzzes.


Another nice thing about this tree is that it feeds the birds during the fall and winter. We have birds all winter long that feed on the crab apples.

1 comment:

Mad Hadder said...

I've been having an identical crab apple tree experience! Do all the blossoms this spring mean we'll have lots of apples? Ours needs to be pruned, but we were told we could do that anytime we wanted. I sit in my library and watch all the birds. They seem to have been intimidated by all the bees, but earler in the spring they were EVERYWHERE! I was mesmerized with my binoculars for more hours than I should admit.