It's 8:07 a.m. Christmas morning and I'm at the computer. Although I enjoy sleeping in on Christmas now days, I so miss the noise and excitement of little people in the house. I read a quote this morning from Erma Bombeck that I agree with 100%. "There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child." I love Christmas. I love the giving. I love how people are kinder during the holidays. I love the lights and decoration. What I miss is having little children around who still believe in the magic of Santa. I miss the surprising and the surprises.
On a more cheerful note, I was blessed to surprise some families yesterday. What a grand feeling! Because of my church calling, I was asked to take Christmas dinner to 3 families. One said thank you, but didn't really act surprised. The two others were very surprised and very grateful. I even got a hug from one of them. :) Later in the afternoon I received a call from a family doing a sub for Santa. I was asked if I could deliver so the family wouldn't discover their benefactor. They brought the gifts to me and I delivered them. The young mother of the family was so surprised and so excited and grateful. She too gave me a hug. :) Those 4 deliveries were the highlight of this Christmas season to date. As the young mother said, 'the perks of my church calling'. :) Yup!
Lizzie is home for Christmas. She arrived Tuesday evening. She has been making us laugh telling us stories of her Singles Ward. She is so delightful and we are so grateful she came home. It would be pretty darn boring with just the two of us rattling around the house. Thanks Liz, for spending the holiday with your parents!!!
1 comment:
We got our cookies, They were amazing! Thanks.
Post a Comment