Thursday, March 10, 2011

Haven't Forgotten

I haven't forgotten about my blog. I've been busy sewing and quilting. Now I'm just busy sewing because my quilting machine is in the repair shop. So Sad!!! I miss my machine! Hope I get it back soon! On the happy side, I'm getting tons of piecing done. I have a pile of about 8 items ready to quilt when I get my machine back.

Car Issues: Not my favorite thing in the world. We were on our way to Logan when the car, all of a sudden, had no more acceleration. We pulled over in a pullout. Eugene checked under the hood to see if he could figure out what was wrong. Nope. We turned around and limped back home to Jensen Wood. They had it fixed by the afternoon and for about 1/2 what I expected. :) Friday we headed for Logan again to get new tires. We were informed that the wheels had corroded badly and that the bead seal may not hold. We had been aware of the issue and opted to try to hold out a while longer before buying new wheels. Well, by the time we got home, we had lost 3/4 of the air in one tire. Filled it up and by the next morning it was nearly flat again. So, back to Logan we went to buy new wheels. :( No more chrome wheels to corrode and the new wheels look nice on our car. The upside is we had the tax return to pay for the repairs. The downside is now we don't have money in savings. We were going to use the tax return to go to Texas in the fall. Now I'll need to be extra diligent in saving so we will be able to go see our new grandbaby. Oh! and her parents too! ;)

Things to look forward to: Besides a planned trip to Texas in the fall we have closer things to look forward to. Our newest grandbaby is due May 4th. We are looking forward to meeting her. The end of June is our family reunion. We have rented a house up by Powder Mountain for 3 days. Looks like our entire family will be able to come. That's 19 of us! Charlie and Michelle have already purchased their tickets and will fly into SLC and then spend the rest of the week up here visiting family and friends. Katie and Shawn plan to fly in from Michigan too. Not sure how long they will be able to stay. The rest of the kids live close enough for a day trip visit. So excited to get us all together for a few days.

If I don't write again for awhile, it will be because I'm lost in the sewing room. :)

1 comment:

cjmom said...

Hi Jill, do you ever look back and think, life was so normal then and now it isn't and will it ever feel normal again. We are so sorry for the loss of your little Sammy. There are not words,not only your own sense of loss but watching a beloved daughter grieve too. I don't believe time really heals. It is just in time we become accustomed to the new and unwanted burden we are carrying and we learn to live with it. Know that your family is in our prayers daily.