Friday, March 2, 2012

Spring?

The first day of March always brings thoughts of Spring to me. Even though we have had a very mild winter, I long for warmer weather with no threat of icy, slick roads. I don't like to work in the yard so that is not a reason I love Spring. I do love the new birth all around. The trees and grass returning to vibrant green, the flowers blooming, the warmer air, the longer days... I love Spring! When I was a child my birthday wish every year was that the snow would be gone by my birthday. Some years it is, some it is not. I still hope for that each year.

Spring also brings Easter. A time for us to re-evaluate and remember the great sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I wonder if I am doing any better this year than last. I've been told that if you aren't moving forward, you are moving backward. I think this past year has been an up and down roller coaster ride. Currently I feel I'm falling down a long slope on that ride. I guess the point is that with each fall, we rise higher on each new climb.

Hopefully, Spring is just around the corner and not months away. Happy Spring!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I hope for an early spring too. I long for warmer weather so I actually want to be outside instead of being stuck inside. You are an amazing woman! Thanks for being a great example to me! You're right, we are not going to be perfect in this life-- it is the journey and what we learn that is so important. Hang in there!