Thursday, March 20, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

I watched Sarah's boys while she took Eric to the hospital for orthoscopic surgery. The boys are soooooo full of life! Makes a grandma tired in a big hurry! Emery is such a talker. Here are a few things he said while I was there.

I was working on a blessing dress for Sarah's new baby, if she happens to have a girl. Emery wanted to know what I was making. I showed him and in delight he said, "Oh! That's just like mine." Like the boy has a dress. :)

I was telling Emery that when his daddy got home he would need crutches to help him walk because he wouldn't be able to walk on his hurt foot. He looked at me a bit puzzled, jumped down off the chair and said, "No, he can walk. You just go like this. You put this foot here and this foot here. See?" He was showing me how to walk. I guess he didn't get the concept of crutches.

I talked to Emery about keeping his toys picked up so daddy wouldn't fall. I talked to him more about crutches and drew a picture of what they look like. I told him how his daddy would use them. He asked me to draw another one. So I did. When I drew the pad that goes under the arm, he said, "Look Grandma! You drew a banana." I looked at it and decided that I had drawn a banana. :)

Lizze was there and the two of us took the boys to the park. I was pushing Evan in the swing. I asked him if he could see his house. He looked down the street and said, "Ya. Hi house!" and then started to wave at the house. :)

I asked Emery if he could see his house. He said, "No, it's not time to go home." I guess I got told.

No comments: