Just after 8 yesterday morning I got a call from Laura asking me if I would like to have lunch with them. I said yes and asked where she wanted to eat lunch. She said at your house. :) Even better. I sat down and got my work done for the day and then fixed some lunch. Well, really just reheated some lunch. We had leftover Easter dinner. It was only leftover for me though. I cut up some strawberries because I know the girls love them.
Laura stayed long enough so Grandpa could see the girls when he got home from work. He was pretty surprised.
Ellie discovered angel food cake. I let her have a little bit and then she kept going back to where the plate was and asking for more. One time I walked into the kitchen when Laura was holding Ellie. She wanted to come to me, so I took her. Then she signed "eat" and said "cake". It was pretty funny. She was asking me because Laura had just told her no. I called Grandpa into the kitchen and told him he could earn some huge points with Ellie if he fed her some cake. So, he sat down at the table with the cake and a fork. Ellie sat in the booster seat at the table next to him and ate cake. He fed her two pieces of cake! (equivalent to 1/6th of a cake) She gets this little buda belly after she eats. You should have seen her belly last night after eating cake! Grandpa earned his points. Ellie blew him a kiss (she only blows kisses and is very stingy with them) and offered a cheek for a hug when they left to go home. That is huge for Ellie Belle. It was adorable.
Makayla loves Phantom of the Opera. She found the piano book for Phantom songs in the piano bench and was so excited. She carried it around singing the songs. She also watched the movie twice. I had to add a tie to Ellie's Easter dress. Makayla wanted to help me. I was worried about her getting her fingers too close to the needle on the sewing machine. She was very good and kept them a safe distance, but she still thought she was helping Grandma fix Ellie's dress. When Laura left to run an errand, Makayla wanted some strawberries. I asked her if she wanted cream with them. She grinned and said yes. I got the spray whipped cream out of the fridge and put some on her plate. She ate that with her strawberries and asked for more. I told her she could have one more spray and that's all cause I didn't want to get in trouble with her mom. She said ok. I gave her another cloud of whipped cream on her plate and she ate up the rest of the strawberries. (Sorry, Laura, but she loves cream!)
3 comments:
Thanks for letting us come. We had a blast!
I noticed that you conveniently forgot to tell me about the whipped cream. Oh well, as long as you kept it to a minimum.
Happy Birthday! I put a cake on my blog for you. It's got fewer calories than any cake I could actually bake for you.
I loved the cake Laura did for you! Happy Birthday. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Post a Comment