Friday, October 30, 2009

Catch Up

I'm getting so bad at this posting thing. Here's what we have been doing the past couple of months.

September: We spent four relaxing days in Yellowstone. We rented a cabin in Gardiner, MT. The cabins had kitchens. We took our food and didn't eat out once. Bought snacks a couple of times, but that's all. I got lots of handwork done while Eugene drove and stopped to take pics. One day he staked out a fresh kill for 3 hours. I popped a movie in the laptop and worked on an applique project while I waited for him. They were hoping a bear would come in, but nope. A black wolf came in and Eugene was able to get a picture or two of it.
We finished up the gardening for the year. Our garden really produced this summer. We got about 48 pints of green beans and about that many pints of beets. We had an abundance of little orange tomatoes and small red tomatoes along with a few serrano chilies. We also grew some green and red peppers. I'm always so sad when fresh peach season is over. I love fresh peaches and we usually buy 4 or 5 half bushes throughout late summer and early fall just to eat.

October: October brought cold, snowy weather to Brrr Lake. It's trying to snow today. I am so not ready for this kind of weather to stay!
Eugene found an open extended warranty on my camera. The screen quit working in May so it wouldn't take pictures. He emailed Cannon and they sent us a shipping label, repaired the camera and had it back to us in working order within a week. I'm very impressed!!! The following are pictures of what I have been working on these past few months.
Ellie's birthday quilt. She will be 3 on November 29. Ellie LOVES butterflies. She used to call them 'fulla bulla'. All the colorful fabrics have butterflies in them. I'm not quite finished. I still have about 1/3 of it left to quilt. I want to make a doll quilt to match. It may get done, it may not! EEE! I'm running out of time! Doesn't help that my sewing machine is in the shop again!


I've been making hot pads and placements for Christmas gifts and birthdays. The hot pads are finished, the placemats are cut out. Here's a sampling of the hot pads and one placemat.


November will bring more sewing and cold snowy weather. I guess it's a good time of year to have lots of sewing projects.

4 comments:

cjmom said...

Glad you are back! Love the butterfly quilt.

Jill said...

Thanks! Ellie will love it too. :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quilt! How special that will be! My, "mom's red blanket" is coveted by all in the family, the first one to it gets it :)I don't let them take the blankets you made them out of their rooms, we have a box of blankets that can be stained, mangled, tented etc. :)
My own stab at sewing was ok, but when the panels I kept sewing together frayed or my machine got all tangled up I gave up :) Now who has time for that ;)

Jill said...

Thanks, Amanda! :)Ellie loves her quilt!