Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cancer

I am now down to single digits on my cancer treatments. Only 9 left! I can't tell you how excited I am. I will however, be sad to not see and visit with the friends I have made at the dr.'s office. Some, I am sure, I will never see again because they will lose their battle with cancer or they will win and not have to return for treatments. Which ever it is, I pray their journeys will have fewer bumps in the road.

My dear sister-in-law told me that no one ever wants to hear the "C" word mentioned in reference to self or loved ones. That is so true. Cancer is a very scary, life changing event that touches far too many lifes. Maybe someday there will be a cure. I pray it comes before any of our children are affected by it more personally than they were with their mother and grandmother having it.

My Cancer diagnosis changed my life. I'm more concerned about trying to live so that it doesn't touch my life again. I try to get more exercise. I try to eat healthier. I take my meds and my vitamins religiously. I have a long way to go, but I am trying. I have a stronger testimony of the Savior's atonement. I know that He sacrificed not only for our sins, but for our heartache, our aches and pains. He suffered them all so He would know how to succor us in our trials, sorrows, and sicknesses, as well as in our repentance process. I am more willing to serve because I was served by so many in so many ways. Am I glad I had cancer? NO! However, I am grateful for what I have learned and the ways it has changed my life. I am a cancer survivor and for that I am most grateful!

No comments: