Sunday, April 13, 2008

FABULOUS Last Four Days

We spent the last four days in Spokane visiting Katie. Oh! What a relaxing time we had. She was worried we would be bored with her at work all day. Not so. It was nice to just sit around and do nothing. We arrived Wednesday evening after stopping at Laura's in-laws for a visit. We visited with Katie during the evening. Eugene went to bed around 10 or 11 and Katie and I sat up and talked about her wedding plans til after midnight. Thursday Eugene didn't feel well so we just sat around. I did venture out to the grocery store. Katie had given me directions. Eugene was worried I would get lost but I told him I would call if I did. By the end of the day Eugene was feeling a bit better. After work Katie cut Eugene's hair. My sister Jeanne was in town working so we went to dinner with her. We did some shopping before we went back to Katie's. I got Makayla's birthday present. I think she will love it! I hope she will. Katie and I again sat up into the wee hours visiting about the wedding. Friday Eugene and I ventured out shopping. We went to Shopko and bought a 6' folding table. I have been looking for one since Thanksgiving. It was even on sale for about 50% off. Cool! We went to JoAnn's and then to the mall and wondered around for a couple of hours. When Katie got home she and I went to JoAnn's again. We looked through pattern books and found the pattern for flower girl dresses. Then we went to the fabric so she could show me what she wanted. She found this gorgeous embroidered organza type fabric. Her colors are pink, green, silver and black. The embroidery was pinks and greens. Perfect! Even better was that the patterns were 40% off and the fabric was 30% off. She bought those two items. She'll watch for sales and get her name on the mailing list so she can get coupons in the mail. These little dresses are going to be beautiful!!! Katie and I sat up and talked more about the wedding plans until after 2 A.M. Eugene went to bed early because he had to drive all day Saturday. Katie cut my hair that evening. It was such a pleasant visit. Thanks Katie for putting up with your parents for 4 days! Oh, and thanks for the hair cuts!

No comments: