Saturday, February 2, 2008

Now that was a snowstorm

Last night Eugene was moving picture files off the desktop computer to his external hard drive. I was sitting in the family room when I heard "Mom, come and look at this." (yes, he calls me mom and I call him dad.) I went into the office and he was looking at pictures taken on Jan 9, 2005. Now that was a snowstorm. He was out on his old wheeler plowing, I was taking pictures to send to Lizzie, who was on a mission in Ecuador at the time. I think there must have been a foot of snow on top of the Cruiser. When Laura teaches me how, I'll post a picture.

When the kids were still all at home, we had a snowstorm that dumped 3 feet of snow in 24 hours. It was on Feb 14th. It must have been right around 1994 because the 4-wheeler was new. I had been complaining about the 4-wheeler payment. After that, I didn't complain any more. I was just glad that we didn't have to shovel all that snow by hand.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I remember that snow storm on Valentine's Day. I was in 6th grade. The snow was so high that we couldn't get the front door open. Everyone was going to work on their snowmobiles because their cars were all buried.

charlieymichelle said...

I remember that storm in 05, Charlie and I went on a drive in our old jeep that night, and he told me that he was going to apply for a job at Halliburton, and here we are in Texas and watching his third year with Halliburton roll around.