Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Amish Friendship Bread
I found a piece of paper on the floor in the bedroom today. I picked it up and opened it. I don't know where it came from, but I was excited. It was a recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. I haven't even thought about this fabulous bread for years. The bread is made from a sweet sourdough start that comes with a loaf of bread from a friend. :) The sad part is that the recipe did not tell how to make the start, just how to make the bread from the start that was furnished by the friend. So, I went on a search of Recipezaar.com. I found the recipe for the start as well as the recipe for the bread. I started a start today. It takes 27 days to get the start furmented enough that it can turn into this fabulous, sweet sourdough bread. On March 17th, I will be making Amish Friendship Bread and sharing it with friends. Here is the link http://www.recipezaar.com/153 to the recipe for the start and the bread. If you decide to make it, Enjoy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have made this before and really enjoy. Beware it makes a ton and it seems like it never ends. At least it is tastie.
You are right about it never ending because everytime you make a batch you have a new start. I guess the solution to that is to give it to three friends instead of two. The start will be gone. :)
Yummy!! Can I be your friend on March 17th? I'll make a special trip over.
You Bet! :) Too bad it won't be ready on the 15th. I could bring it with me.
Post a Comment