Sunday, February 17, 2008

Anniversary

Today we have been married 31 years. Sometimes I wonder how Eugene has been able to put up with me for all these years. I'm certainly glad he has.

31 years ago today we were married in SLC. That mid-February day in 1977 there was green grass and flowers on Temple Square. Amazing! You certainly wouldn't find that this year!

Last year we were planning a vacation to Belize to celebrate 30 years, then the cancer diagnosis got in the way and the trip was cancelled. I'm still sad about that. I was so looking forward to that trip. I keep asking when we are going on a cruise. The last time I asked I got told, "Don't you think we should wait until you are through with cancer treatments?" So, as of mid-June, we are going to start planning for a cruise.

It has been a wonderful adventure. A neighbor told me recently that a woman is truly blessed if her husband makes her laugh everyday. I am truly blessed because Eugene does make me laugh everyday and sometimes more than once. :)

4 comments:

Lizzie Wright said...

happy anniversary! i meant to call last night, but then i spent 3 hours at my friend's pot luck. oops, sorry.

Katie said...

Lizzie, at least you have an excuse. I called, talked for an hour or more, and forgot to say, "Happy Anniversary!" even though that was the reason I called in the first place. tsk tsk tsk

charlieymichelle said...

Good work katie. I hope that you get to go on a cruise. Just so you know we are going on another one. After the first of the year next year we are going to Mexico, it leaves out of LA, could be fun!

Tracy Lawley said...

Happy belated anniversary!!! I like your idea of being blessed if your husband makes you laugh! I too am blessed!:)
Bye/T